Let’s get wanderlusted in Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan, Bali!
In case you have no idea about these 2 islands, I will give you a brief explanation. Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan are islands located in the Bali area. It is easy to explore both islands once since these two islands are connected by the infamous Yellow Bridge. I can assure you that these islands are worth a visit while you’re having a holiday in Bali. If you want to visit these islands’ neighbor, Nusa Penida, check out the Most Instagrammable Places in Nusa Penida, Bali and Travel Guides and Tips to Nusa Penida, Bali.
How to get here from Bali mainland:
It is quite easy to get here, all you need to do is coming to Sanur port as located here in the Google Maps then head right where a lot of places offering speedboat ticket to Nusa Lembongan, the journey only consumes about 30 minutes from Sanur port to the Jungutbatu (Nusa Lembongan). You can also park your scooter in this ferry terminal.
Rp100.000 (US$8) per person for locals
Rp300.000 (US$22) per person for foreigners
(Prices may differ if you take round-trip)
Where to stay?
I recommend you to stay at Jungutbatu beach because the sunset is really beautiful, like for real. Click me to know the exact location.
The picture above is the view from the bungalow I was staying for Rp350.000 (US$26) bargained from Rp450.000 (US$33). It has a sort of infinity pool facing towards the sunset so you can actually watch the sunset while chilling in the pool. I wish that I remember the name of the bungalow but unfortunately, I don’t. I didn’t book any hotel before coming here so I just walked by the beach and found the one that caught my attention.
You can also rent their scooters for Rp100.000 (US$8), more expensive than in the Bali mainland. There are other places where you can rent scooters but renting from the accommodation you’re staying in makes it easier.
I also recommend you to stay nearby the Yellow Bridge, you will be able to see the neighbor island and its beautiful scenery. The second day, I decided to move nearby Yellow Bridge. The view was amazing! To know the exact location, just click here.
This bungalow is called Villa Bukit Permata Lembongan and it costs Rp500.000 (US$ 37) per night. I got it booked from booking.com, click here to enjoy a 10% refund after your first book. This bungalow was still new, a little bit secluded but definitely had the killer view. To be honest, this is the best cheap bungalow I’ve ever stayed, very clean and beautiful. The owner has a pickup car so I think you can convince him to pick you up or drive you somewhere when you need it.
You can also try your luck booking the famous Le Pirate which has the cutest bungalows in Nusa Ceningan along with the nice beach club facing the strait between Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Lembongan. Here is the exact location.
Where to go?
I stayed here for 3-4 nights and I was able to go to almost tourism attractions in Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. For the complete list, please read my blog post titled 10 Most Instagrammable Places in Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan, Bali based on my opinion.
If you’re craving for the nightlife, come to Mushroom Beach at night. I came in the afternoon because I didn’t know that this is the center of nightlife in Nusa Lembongan. Totally useless if you decide to come in daylight because this area is used as a port. Well, I arrived there and confused on what to do here during the day. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures here but you can check out the location here on Google Maps.
How to get there:
Use your online navigator (Google Maps, Waze).
Best time to visit:
My tips to wander in Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Ceningan
- Book your place beforehand. The best places are usually fully booked.
- Rent a scooter. You should rely on this type of vehicle due to the narrow road even though the rental price is more expensive.
- Be careful when driving a scooter. Some parts of both islands are paved but some other parts are not.
- Honk every time you’re about to turn while driving scooter especially when it’s dark. I got this suggestion from the locals.
- Can’t drive a scooter? Just walk or ask someone to be your personal scooter driver. I think you will easily find them nearby the Yellow Bridge. Just find a sign of “Ojek” and ask the men there.
- Cars are not the main transportation option here. The only type of cars that you will see is “pick-up” cars and usually being used for transporting visitors from one place to another. You can find them mostly in Jungutbatu area also the price is quite cheaper compared to the ones nearby Yellow Bridge. The price range is around Rp100.000-Rp500.000 (about US$8-US$37).
- Prepare for cash in Rupiah. The places who accept card are only big resorts or restaurants while most places don’t.
- Wear your sunglasses and mask because the fine soil is flown by the wind and it can irritate your eyes and it’s not good for your respiratory system.
Thank you for reading this blog post, I will continue by giving you more travel guide and tips in the future. Please keep in mind that the fees I list above are not 100% correct, there might be some changes or differences. Also, it would mean so much if you want to connect with me via Instagram here.
GET A FREE PRESET PACK!
Enter you email below to receive the free preset pack right in your email inbox
Still hesitating? Head over to this page to know more information about my preset pack.